Android nougat is the seventh major version of the android operating system. Android 7.0 officially released on August 22, 2016, with the Nexus 6, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9 etc are the first devices to receive the update.
Dave Burke, android’s vice president of engineering, stated in august 2016. On September 6, 2016, LG announced the V20, the first smartphone to ship with Nougat pre-installed.
On March 9, 2016, ahead of the Google I/O developer conference, Google released the first beta of Android N. On June 30, 2016, Google announced N’s release name would be “Nougat” and it is confirmed that it is the version of 7.0. Beta preview 4 was released on June 15, 2016. The final beta preview 5 was released on July 18, 2016.
Android 7.0 is rolling out now. The new OS is loaded with new features each one is improving the overall android experiences.
Some changes such as:
- Bundle notifications are quite obvious.
There are also some less visible changes such as
- New multitasking shortcut.
- New dozen function.
- Revised notifications.
- Data server.
Android version history:
The version history of the android mobile operating system began with the release of the android alpha on November 5, 2007. The first commercial version, android 1.0 was released in September 2008. Android is continuously developed by Google. Versions 1.0 and 1.1 were not released under specific code names.
There are some code names and versions given below:
- Android (alpha) is the code name and its version is 1.0.
- Cupcake is the code name and its version is 1.5.
- Éclair is the code name and its version is from 2.0 to 2.1.
- Jellybean is the code name and its version is from 4.1 to 4.3.1.
- Nougat is the code name and its version is from 7.0 to 7.1.1.
These code names also have the API level which tells whether it is supported or unsupported.
Android 7.0 is the major version of android for 2016/2017.
Some tips and tricks of android 7.0:
- Earn your android 7.0 certificate.
- Use data server to block pest apps.
- You can silence specific kind of notifications.
- Expand your Gmail notification lets you see all recent emails.
- Check out battery drain from your home screen.
- You can open two chrome browser windows at once.
These are some tricks and tips of an android 7.0.